Xcodebuild failed exit code 65

I’m still having a problem with this:

“Unable to apply changes on device: 132646250dd48a5c0a745a19c4af175cc2cdb7cd. Error is: Command xcodebuild failed with exit code 65.”

Code Signing Error: The operation couldn’t be completed. Unable to log in with account ‘email@gmail.com’. The login details for account ‘email@gmail.com’ were rejected.
Code Signing Error: No profiles for ‘org.nativescript.name’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching ‘org.nativescript.name’.
Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK 'iOS 11.2’
Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 11.2’

I tried the following:

• I got an apple developer account. But I don’t know how to create necessary certificates and provisional profiles
  • I did go to: app - app resources - build.xcconfig - and typed: DEVELOPMENT_TEAM = my id#

You need to login to that developer account in xcode.
Goto xcode preferences -> accounts -> click the add button and enter login details.

Goto apple developer portal, goto certificates, ID and provisioning section
And create a developer certificate (you’ll have to use key chain app to create certificate signing request, instructions are provided there).
Then create a app id,
After that create provisioning profile for development.

When you download each of these, simply double click on them.

(if you don’t want to follow any of these, you can let xcode manage your certificates and provisioning profiles automatically :wink: )

Cheers!

Happy NativeScripting

Thank you SO much for writing that for me! I made progress - created a certificate, id, provisional profile. Success with that. But now I still get this error message:

Xcode 8 requires a team id to be specified when building for device.
You can specify the team id by setting the DEVELOPMENT_TEAM setting in build.xcconfig file located in App_Resources folder of your app, or by using the --teamId option when calling run, debug or livesync commands.
Found and using the following development team installed on your system: my name.

It also prompts me to enter the login keychain password. I don’t know it.
2 days ago I was trying to fix the problem and I vaguely remember trying to change the team id through the command line. I think it did change it successfully but it was not the correct id. I think I messed something up ;/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Login keychain password is simply the admin password of your mac.

Set the DEVELOPMENT_TEAM = YOUR TEAM ID;

In build.xcconfig file

I’m having this problem as well. I have all the certificates I need – to be clear my un on this system and our team id and agent are different from the un on the account I’m using. This is the error message I get:

Xcode build…

=== BUILD TARGET HelloWorld OF PROJECT HelloWorld WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

ld: framework not found FileProvider for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

**** BUILD FAILED ****

Unable to apply changes on device: B71912B9-B650-4EBF-AB43-3383136CB95F. Error is: Command xcodebuild failed with exit code 65.

Some additional messages – if anyone can assist I would appreciate it - obviously if it won’t build I can’t livesync edit main-page.xml as it doesn’t exist…:

Building project...

Xcode build...

**=== BUILD TARGET HelloWorld OF PROJECT HelloWorld WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===**

ld: framework not found FileProvider for architecture i386

ld: framework not found FileProvider for architecture x86_64

**=== BUILD TARGET HelloWorld OF PROJECT HelloWorld WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===**

error: the following command failed with exit code 1 but produced no further output

**Ld** build/HelloWorld.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloWorld.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/HelloWorld normal x86_64

**** BUILD FAILED ****

Unable to apply changes on device: B71912B9-B650-4EBF-AB43-3383136CB95F. Error is: Command xcodebuild failed with exit code 65.

Executing after-watch hook from /Users/XXX/temp/NATIVE/HelloWorld/hooks/after-watch/nativescript-dev-webpack.js

SOLVED – issues were xcode version specific. Moved to the most current stable version of xcode (9+) and was able to launch helloworld app.