var action = new actionBarModule.ActionBar;
    action.title = "Action";
    page.actionBar = action;

var fieldLabel = new labelModule.Label();
    fieldLabel.text = "Label";

page.content = fieldLabel;
}

I even tried the code in the doc, to the same effect:
http://docs.nativescript.org/core-concepts/navigation#example-3--how-to-navigate-to-a-page-dynamically-created-via-code

when I check .isEnabled on the label and page, they both say they are Enabled.
Why does is look gray/disabled?

Hi @refaqtor,

looking at the image you posted my first thought is your OS completely turns into grayscale?? :fearful:

I don’t know what it was, other than disappointing. After creating only a two page app, with practically no code other than navigation, I could not find what I had broken. I ended up starting a fresh project and pull that code over a bit at a time, and it seems to be working. :confused:

no… that didn’t get very far. I’ll go back to Qt. Just thought I’d try something new.

Is it possible that a navigation window is being displayed? Can you swipe your app in all directions to see if it goes away?

thanks for the suggestion. I see that I can populate a list behind it that scrolls up and down as I swipe, and I can change the value of listPickers. But, the dark screen persists over top of the items underneath - swiping doesn’t change that. I suspect it to be something with the navigation and context switching, but I’m at a loss how to debug it.