Voice recorder plugin

plugins

Hi,

I have an app that save some data , I am wondering if I can record the voice and save the file too.
Is any api/plugin to record/save the voice ?

Thank you,
Mihai

Do you need to record the audio or just what the person said?

If you want to save the audio, you have the plugin:

If you want to save what the person said:

I need to record what the person said. We are a construction company, so the foremen should select the job from his phone and then press a button Add Comments, and then start recording the voice. At the end, the sound file should be saved on our servers and it will be linked to the job.

Mihai Velicu

IT Manager

CGY General Email Signature

Okay, so the nativescript-audio plugin can be used. If you have a question about how to develop, here is an example.

If you need help, let me know.

Thank you very much for your answer

Regards,
Mihai

Hi, did the answer answer your question? If so, please mark it as a solution for others to know.

Is it possible to record the audio into a .WAV file rather than .mp3 file using this plugin?

I don’t think Android has a encoder for WAV (not sure about iOS), so it’s not possible. You may have to find a library that supports WAV encoder, or simply send it to a server and encode using FFmpeg if that is easier.

I already have a native Android app that records .wav.
Sending to a server is not a good solution because I need the recording in a high sample rate.

Anyway, is there a way to tweak this plugin and change the recording sample rate?

Yes, there is option to set sample rate (sampleRate in AudioPlayerOptions) for Android. Please refer the demo app / typescript declaration files for more details.