Upgrade api level 26+

Can I upgrade my app to api level 26 or I must create a new app since beginning?

And it is yes, How can I to upgrade? Is there any tutorial?

What you mean by upgrading your app? Is the purpose to access any apis those are available only in 26+?

Excuse my english, but I have received this message:

Hello Google Play Developer,

updates to apps and games on Google Play will be required to target Android Oreo (API level 26) or higher. After this date, the Play Console will prevent you from submitting new APKs with a targetSdkVersion less than 26.

Configuring your app to target a recent API level ensures that users benefit from significant security and performance improvements, while still allowing your app to run on older Android versions (down to the minSdkVersion).

Action required

Please ensure that your apps are configured to target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26) by November 1, 2018 .

Affected apps

The apps included below have one or more APKs—in production or testing tracks—that aren’t currently targeting API level 26 or higher. Apps are listed with the maximum version code and corresponding targetSdkVersion.

When did you publish your last update to app / which version of {N} you used to build the app?

FYI, with latest {N} the targeted version is already 27. You will just have to upgrade your NativeScript and publish a release.

in platforms/android/app/build.gradle I have found these:

def computeCompileSdkVersion = { -> project.hasProperty(“compileSdk”) ? compileSdk : 26 }

def computeTargetSdkVersion = { -> project.hasProperty(“targetSdk”) ? targetSdk : 26 }

def computeBuildToolsVersion = { ->

project.hasProperty(“buildToolsVersion”) ? buildToolsVersion : “27.0.1”

}

then my app is updated, and everything is correctly?

If you don’t want to upgrade runtime then you may just update the target api level in your AndroidManifest.xml itself that is found in your app resources.