Unable to install node.js through chocolatey

I am unable to install node.js using chocolatey. It throws an exit code 1603.

The node.js is getting downloaded. Though it is asking to refer log i’m unable to understand what to do with the log.

can anyone say in basic terms what i need to do. I’m installing this for working with Nativescript to build mobile apps.

Following is the log:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>choco install nodejs-lts -y

Chocolatey v0.10.11 Installing the following packages: nodejs-lts By installing you accept licenses for the packages.

Progress: Downloading nodejs-lts 8.11.4… 100%

nodejs-lts v8.11.4 [Approved] nodejs-lts package files install completed. Performing other installation steps. Installing 64 bit version Installing nodejs-lts… WARNING: Generic MSI Error. This is a local environment error, not an issue with a package or the MSI itself - it could mean a pending reboot is necessary prior to install or something else (like the same version is already installed). Please see MSI log if available. If not, try again adding ‘–install-arguments="’/l*v c:\nodejs-lts_msi_install.log’"’. Then search the MSI Log for “Return Value 3” and look above that for the error.

ERROR: Running [“C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe” /i “C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\nodejs-lts\tools\node-v8.11.4-x64.msi” /qn /norestart /l v “C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\nodejs-lts.8.11.4.MsiInstall.log” ] was not successful. Exit code was ‘1603’. Exit code indicates the following: Generic MSI Error. This is a local environment error, not an issue with a package or the MSI itself - it could mean a pending reboot is necessary prior to install or something else (like the same version is already installed). Please see MSI log if available. If not, try again adding ‘–install-arguments="’/l v c:\nodejs-lts_msi_install.log’"’. Then search the MSI Log for “Return Value 3” and look above that for the error…

The install of nodejs-lts was NOT successful. Error while running ‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\nodejs-lts\tools\chocolateyinstall.ps1’. See log for details.

Chocolatey installed 0/1 packages. 1 packages failed. See the log for details (C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\logs\chocolatey.log).

Failures - nodejs-lts (exited 1603) - Error while running ‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\nodejs-lts\tools\chocolateyinstall.ps1’.

See log for details.