Unable to create project (3.2.1)

Trying to do the tutorial for NativeScript (Installed it today)
everything is up to date

Node is on 8.1.2
NPM is on 5.4.2
NativeScript is on 3.2.1

If I run command prompt without admin I get
Command npm.cmd install nativescript-template-tutorial@3.1.0 --silent --save-exact --save failed with exit code 4294963248

If I run it with admin I get
cp: no such file or directory: C:\Test\HelloWorld\node_modules\nativescript-template-tutorial\*

I also get
c:\Windows\System32\node_modules\iconv>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild ) else (node "" rebuild )

c:\Windows\System32\node_modules\node-icu-charset-detector>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild ) else (node "" rebuild )

Tried using Sidekick and the same issues just happen, What am I doing wrong?
doing tns doctor tells me there are no issues

Looks like errors with node and npm. Could you try reinstalling them both?

Alright I’ll give it a go and report back in a few minutes

Still the same problem except now running without admin produces exit code 1 instead of 4294963248

Looks like you’re running non supported version of node/npm - why not install the LTS support version 6.11.3

Do downgrade node to that version then? I’ll give it a go soon and let you know the results

Downgraded node to 6.11.3 using nvm and still getting the same errors as before, I’m not sure what else I should try or are doing wrong? (assuming NPM is also mean’t to be downgraded with it because nvm does that automatically)