Over the last 2 days, I’ve been unable to build my app. All was OK earlier; something was upgraded (I am assuming without my knowledge) and I’m now getting this error when trying to build/run/debug my app:
- What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ‘:app:transformDexArchiveWithExternalLibsDexMergerForDebug’.
com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveMergerException: Error while merging dex archives:
I’ve looked around, found relevant “fixes” by including multiDexEnabled true and other references (exclude guava-jdk5 and so on) - nothing fixes it for me. I’ve tried building the Android app on Windows and on Linux - exactly the same error.
I’ve tried to build using Sidekick, too - that just fails with no errors displayed - just says “Build failed”.