'tns run android' - Starts up fine but terminates with error any time a change is made to code

android

I’m having an issue whilst running a blank app based on this template

I start the app using ‘tns run android --emulator’ and it starts up fine and installs on the emulator. The app opens and everything looks fine - but then if I make a change I get this error message:

Executing before-prepare hook from C:\workspace\apps\football-nativescript-app\hooks\before-prepare\nativescript-dev-typescript.js
Hook skipped because either bundling or livesync is in progress.
Preparing project…
Executing before-prepareJSApp hook from C:\workspace\apps\football-nativescript-app\hooks\before-prepareJSApp\nativescript-dev-webpack.js
Unable to apply changes for device: emulator-5554. Error is: EPERM: operation not permitted, mkdir ‘C:\workspace\apps\football-nativescript-app\platforms\android\app\src\main\assets\app\home’.
Executing after-watch hook from C:\workspace\apps\football-nativescript-app\hooks\after-watch\nativescript-dev-typescript.js
Stopping tsc watch

I’ve tried a few other templates and I’m getting the same issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Delete your hooks folder and npm_modules folder and also platforms folder

And do, npm install
Then, tns run android

Thanks for the reply.

This solves the problem temporarily, but if I have to Ctrl+C to end the process and restart the problem comes back. Is it a normal build process to have to delete and reinstall every time you start up the android emulator? It’s very time consuming.

No, this is not normal. Can you share your package.json here?

I only want to see the dependencies and dev-dependencies

It’s stopped doing it now. Thanks for your help.