Processing node_modules failed. TypeError: property 'version' of undefined

Processing node_modules failed. TypeError: Cannot read property ‘version’ of undefined

ive followed every installation step and created a new tns app. and i get that error when i run it.

You may want to provide some more context. Just repeat all steps you’ve taken or share a repo.

i’ve followed the native script installation process from npm install -g nativescript, powershell and i got Node.js Java 8 and android SDK already setup. after all this ive created a Hello world app and hit tns run android boom i get this error “Processing node_modules failed. TypeError: property ‘version’ of undefined”

I guess this could be many things. Here’s a similar issue you may want to look at: https://github.com/NativeScript/nativescript-angular/issues/32

please be patient with me im new to tns. what am i missing here?

C:\Users\Muzi J\Documents\tns\HelloWorld>tns run android --device 4TE7N17106003969
Copying template files…

• Installing tns-androidInstalling tns-android
    C:\Users\Muzi J\Documents\tns\HelloWorld
    `-- tns-android@2.5.0

Exception: The plugin tns-android@2.5.0 is already installed

run android

┌─────────────────────────────────────────┬───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Usage │ Synopsis │
│ Run on all connected devices and │ $ tns run android [–key-store-path --key-store-password --key-store-alias --key-store-alias-password ] [- │
│ running emulators │ -release] [–justlaunch] │
│ Run on a selected connected device or │ $ tns run android --device [–key-store-path --key-store-password --key-store-alias --key-store-alias │
│ running emulator │ -password ] [–release] [–justlaunch] │
│ Start an emulator and run the app │ $ tns run android --emulator [] [–key-store-path --key-store-password --key-store-alias --key-store │
│ inside it │ -alias-password ] [–release] [–justlaunch] │
└─────────────────────────────────────────┴───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Runs your project on a connected Android device or in a native Android emulator, if configured. This is shorthand for prepare, build and deploy. While your app is running, prints the output from the
application in the console and watches for changes in your code. Once a change is detected, it synchronizes the change with all selected devices and restarts/refreshes the application.

Options

* --no-watch - If set, changes in your code will not be reflected during the execution of this command.
* --device - Specifies a connected device/emulator on which to run the app.
* --emulator - If set, runs the app in a native emulator for the target platform, if configured. When set, you can also set any other valid combination of emulator options as listed by $ tns help

emulate android.
* --release - If set, produces a release build. Otherwise, produces a debug build. When set, you must also specify the --key-store-* options.
* --key-store-path - Specifies the file path to the keystore file (P12) which you want to use to code sign your APK. You can use the --key-store-* options along with --release to produce a signed
release build. You need to specify all --key-store-* options.
* --key-store-password - Provides the password for the keystore file specified with --key-store-path. You can use the --key-store-* options along with --release to produce a signed release build.
You need to specify all --key-store-* options.
* --key-store-alias - Provides the alias for the keystore file specified with --key-store-path. You can use the --key-store-* options along with --release to produce a signed release build. You n
eed to specify all --key-store-* options.
* --key-store-alias-password - Provides the password for the alias specified with --key-store-alias-password. You can use the --key-store-* options along with --release to produce a signed releas
e build. You need to specify all --key-store-* options.
* --justlaunch - If set, does not print the application output in the console.
* --clean - If set, forces rebuilding the native application.

Attributes

* <Device ID> is the index or name of the target device as listed by $ tns device android
* <Emulator Options> is any valid combination of options as listed by $ tns help emulate android