Nativescript not running on iOS

tns 3.4.3
node v6.9.4
nom 5.7.1
Running on iOS emulator
MacBook Pro macOS Sierra

So, I spent days and days trying to get NativeScript up and running and installed on both my iMac and MacbookvPro. This error was plaguing me the whole time:

Unable to apply changes on device: 9f22ffea744c3f2cbaaa0171cf210fa63af97e72. Error is: Could not start service com.app
le.mobile.installation_proxy.

In the end I completely uninstalled everything I could think of, deleted my Apple Developer Account certs and provisioning profiles and reset and re-installed literally everything I could think of including all of the Android tooling. This all worked well and I have been happily working on an app for a client using Atom to edit files and the tns run ios for a few days now, until just this second. I have not changed a single thing in my setup, but just now the build system stopped with a frozen console. I CTRL C’d my way out of that and tried tns run ios to set up again and got the dreaded thing that plagued me for about a week:

Xcode 8 requires a team id to be specified when building for device.
You can specify the team id by setting the DEVELOPMENT_TEAM setting in build.xcconfig file located in App_Resources fo
lder of your app, or by using the --teamId option when calling run, debug or livesync commands.
Found and using the following development team installed on your system: Wittner Shmittner (2SKSLF8SF)

warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/2DKXPQ92SAISO/UIKit-1V5UHAPTOD24G.pcm: No
such file or directory
note: Linking a static library that was built with -gmodules, but the module cache was not found.  Redistributable sta
tic libraries should never be built with module debugging enabled.  The debug experience will be degraded due to incom
plete debug information.
while processing /Users/blah/blah/platforms/ios/internal/TKLiveSync/TKLiveSync(TKLiveSync.o):
warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/28BJBFDGVGZZ3/Darwin-38I6DLZ5IH61J.pcm: No
 such file or directory
while processing /Users/blah/mobile/MyApp/platforms/ios/internal/TKLiveSync/TKLiveSync(TKLiveSync.o):
warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/28BJBFDGVGZZ3/Foundation-3DFYNEBRQSXST.pcm
: No such file or directory
while processing /Users/blah/blah/platforms/ios/internal/TKLiveSync/TKLiveSync(TKLiveSync.o):
warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/28BJBFDGVGZZ3/Dispatch-2LX9MWM6UEPQW.pcm:
No such file or directory
while processing /Users/blah/mobile/AppName/platforms/ios/internal/TKLiveSync/TKLiveSync(TKLiveSync.o):

warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/28BJBFDGVGZZ3/ObjectiveC-1RQA2RIXJIE19.pcm
note: Linking a static library that was built with -gmodules, but the module cache was not found.  Redistributable sta
tic libraries should never be built with module debugging enabled.  The debug experience will be degraded due to incom
plete debug information.
while processing /Users/blah/mobile/AppName/platforms/ios/internal/TKLiveSync/TKLiveSync(TKLiveSync.o):
warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/2DKXPQ92SAISO/Darwin-38I6DLZ5IH61J.pcm: No
 such file or directory
warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/2DKXPQ92SAISO/Foundation-3DFYNEBRQSXST.pcm
warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/2DKXPQ92SAISO/Dispatch-2LX9MWM6UEPQW.pcm:
No such file or directory
warning: /Users/nsbuilduser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/2DKXPQ92SAISO/ObjectiveC-1RQA2RIXJIE19.pcm
Project successfully built.

Unable to apply changes on device: 9f22ffea744c3f2cbaaa0171cf210fa63af97e72. Error is: Could not start service com.app
le.mobile.installation_proxy.

again.

I can’t spend another few days going through all that stuff again. Anyone have a better idea, or know what is going on here before I drag my sorry ass back to JQuery and PhoneGap?

a saddened and exhausted Wittner :frowning:

I haven’t personally faced this issue but there seems different solutions discussed in Github. Did you try them?

thanks manojdcoder. Been all over those pages in the last week before I got up and running again and nothing, but nothing helped. Tried everything that was suggested there. There’s not a lot on that error and none of those answers helped which is the point at which I re-installed everything.

I had just come back on discourse now to say that after a shutdown of all apps and a reboot, my system is working again and syncing. Something like 2 years ago I gave up working with NS because of the difficulties in setting up. It’s a pity as in theory it is a brilliant system. I’m inclined to keep working with it even with these problems because I like it so much. If I have to reboot every now and again to fix this then that’s not a problem but it’s kind of scary when you’re getting paid to build an app and it looks like your tools are not working.

Hopefully the tools keep working now and I can complete my project. I’m not looking forward to changing over to production though as I imagine I’m in for another roller coaster ride. :frowning: