ListView with multidimensional array (Angular)

Hi everyone,
I a have following data structure:

days = [{ "name": "Monday",
                "rooms":[{
                         "name": "Room A",
                         "session": [{
                                  "name":"Session A"
                          }]                      
                   }] 
               }]

with that I want to achieve a List View App with Angular with the room names as a header and the session names as list items as well as swiper for the selecting the day. Similar to this:

This is what I tried so far (Im seeing the day headers, not the sessions though):

<ListView height="100%" row="0" [items]="activeDay.rooms" itemTap="onItemTap" class="list-group">
    <ng-template nsTemplateKey="header" let-room="item">
        <Label [text]="room.name" class="list-group-item bg-primary" isUserInteractionEnabled="false" color="white" fontSize="24"></Label>
    </ng-template>
    <ng-template nsTemplateKey="cell" let-session="room.sessions">
        <StackLayout class="list-group-item">
            <Label [text]="session.name" class="list-group-item-heading"></Label>
        </StackLayout>
    </ng-template>
</ListView>

Hmm, I don’t see your template selector, so not sure when it’s header or cell (perhaps that’s the cause of your issue). Assuming the selector works as expected, I think it should be something like this:

<ListView height="100%" row="0" [items]="activeDay.rooms" itemTap="onItemTap" class="list-group">
    <ng-template nsTemplateKey="header" let-room="item">
        <Label [text]="room.name" class="list-group-item bg-primary" isUserInteractionEnabled="false" color="white" fontSize="24"></Label>
    </ng-template>
    <ng-template nsTemplateKey="cell" let-room="item">
        <StackLayout class="list-group-item" *ngFor="let session of room.session">
            <Label [text]="session.name" class="list-group-item-heading"></Label>
        </StackLayout>
    </ng-template>
</ListView>

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately this is also not working. Im still not seeing the session names!

You may want to create a Playground app with the code you have, I’d be happy to take a look.

thank you sir

here’s the link to the playground

Here you go, no need for multiple templates: https://play.nativescript.org/?template=play-ng&id=JaCySW&v=3

Although this is probably not what you want because 1 row now contains both the header and the session. So you need multiple templates and as said before an itemTemplateSelector (look it up). Then your data structure should be a bit different; it needs to hold an array of either a header, or a session, and the itemTemplateSelector should select the correct template based on that.

So with the existing data structure it is not possible?

Is the RadListView Pro UI an alternative?

The ListView is fine, and in this respect it’s the same with RadListView, I’m just saying that you need to add that itemTemplateSelector.