Issues setting up the CLI in an Ionic environment

Hi all,

I’m trying to get started learning NativeScript, having worked with Ionic for a few months and wanting to ditch Cordova. However, I’ve encountered issues with the setup process.

During the setup script, I declined installation of all of the features that I know are already installed due to my work with Ionic, and yet when I try to get started with NativeScript I have errors relating to these “missing” installations. As an example, one of the missing features is the Android SDK, however I know that this is installed because I’m creating Android builds of my Ionic project.

I’m nervous about allowing the script to install any of these features, in case they break my Ionic environment, as I am using this machine for a large Ionic project.

If anyone has any thoughts on how I can move forward, I would love to hear from you. The full list of installation issues are:

• adb from the Android SDK is not installed or is not configured properly.
  • The Android SDK is not installed or is not configured properly.
  • xcodeproj gem is not installed or is not configured properly.
  • CocoaPods is not installed or is not configured properly.
  • The ANDROID_HOME environment variable is not set or it points to a non-existent directory. You will not be able to perform any build-related operations for Android.
  • Cannot find a compatible Android SDK for compilation. To be able to build for Android, install Android SDK 22 or later.
  • You need to have the Android SDK Build-tools installed on your system. You can install any version in the following range: ‘>=23 <=26’.
  • You need to have Android SDK 22 or later and the latest Android Support Repository installed on your system.

Well, did you manually verify the the issues, and whether you have the proper environment? Do you have the ANDROID_HOME environment variable set pointing to the android sdk? You will also have to add that to the PATH, as well as $ANDROID_HOME/tools and $ANDROID_HOME/platform-tools