How to get iOS device to show up on Sidekick for Windows?

Okay, sorry if this is as dumb question, but I can’t tell if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s just not possible. I cannot find a simple straight answer to this scenario.

I have Windows 10 with Sidekick installed. I have an iPhone. I have a USB cable. I have the latest version of iTunes. I’d like to run a build on my connected iPhone device to my Windows machine and debug it. Yes, I know I need to cloud build it for iOS.

When I plug in my iPhone to my Windows 10 computer, nothing shows up in Sidekick under devices, so I cannot run on that device. It works fine with my Android device and the Android emulator.

So, the big, yet small, question: is it possible to build and debug an iOS app on a connected iOS device to my Windows 10 machine? If so, what steps did you take to achieve it?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @jzip, yes, I am using the sidekick with ios on windows 10.
I can debug/deploy( you need certification and provision files) on ios device.
Similar issue happened to me and after I upgrade sidekick, it was fixed.
Just update sidekick to newest version.
BTW, can you see your device on iTunes?

Thank you for the reply.

I can see my device on iTunes and I have the latest version of Sidekick. I’ve done the provisioning thing.

In your experience, should the device show up as a list of devices before doing the provisioning thing?

At this point, I just want the iPhone to show up when I type “tns devices”, let alone run a build on it.

ps: if it’s helpful, my Android device is picked up fine on USB and can deploy no problem.

It sounds familiar to me and I literally googled it online.
But honestly, nothing helpful. My ios device doesn’t show up iTunes hence it was more like connection problem.
As for your case, maybe just restart sidekick and tried again?
I will keep updated if I get solution.