How could I make the camera with customized button overlaying the camera view?

I need to make the customized camera acting as snapchat or instagram.

That’s something I’d be really interested in as well, but I haven’t been able to find anything available as far as plugins go. I think you would need to use native code. I’ll be looking into this myself for a project though. If things work out really well I might even make a plugin for it. It all depends on how much I can get done before the end of the month.

Thanks Kris,I would appreciate it if you could let me know when the plugin is done, or you could have the customized camera view done on your own.
Yours,
Louis

There are two solutions available. I cant get any of them to work though

Thanks Lawrence, I will have a test on my side on those solutions.

Take a look at this thread:

This is only for IOS, but if you add the SwiftyCam Cocoapod to your project and implement the code that I have at the bottom of this thread, that’s pretty close.

I am stuck though, the camera is not launching and asking for permission, I think because it tries to do so before the DOM is done rendering. I know it’s close to working because when I put the on the first page when the app loads, it works, but if I navigate to another screen for the camera it does not.

If anyone can help me troubleshoot, we’re pretty close.

I tried both the solutions i.e. NickIliev/NativeScript-cameraApp-poc and SamuelGRwebfab/Nativescript-NG-CameraPreview.
The first one is in javascript, but I need Typescript code. Is it available in Typescript?

I downloaded the second demo from “https://github.com/SamuelGRwebfab/Nativescript-NG-CameraPreview”. But it gives me following errors when I compile it:

Installing tns-android
/home/divyesh.sharma/Downloads/Nativescript-NG-CameraPreview-master/cameraPreview
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/common@2.4.5
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/compiler@2.4.5
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/core@2.4.5
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/forms@2.4.5
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/http@2.4.5
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/platform-browser@2.4.5
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @angular/router@3.4.5
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY rxjs@^5.0.1
±- tns-android@2.5.0
±- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY tns-core-modules@2.5.0
`-- UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY zone.js@0.7.8

Can someone please help me here?