Help with Node Postinstall hanging on install

training
nativescriptcore

Hello,

I amnew to NativeScript.

I am trying to do a NativeScript Install: npm install -g nativescript

And it starts going through install and then hangs.

C:\Users\internet>npm install -g nativescript
npm WARN registry Unexpected warning for https://registry.npmjs.org/: Miscellaneous Warning EINTEGRITY: sha512-L3hKV5R/p5o81R7O02IGnwpDmkp6E982XhtbuwSe3O4qOtMMMtodicASA1Cny2U+aCXcNpml+m4dPsvsJ3jatg== integrity checksum failed when using sha512: wanted sha512-L3hKV5R/p5o81R7O02IGnwpDmkp6E982XhtbuwSe3O4qOtMMMtodicASA1Cny2U+aCXcNpml+m4dPsvsJ3jatg== but got sha1-NgSLv/TntH4TZkQxbJlmnqWukfE=. (2872 bytes)
npm WARN registry Using stale package data from https://registry.npmjs.org/ due to a request error during revalidation.
C:\Users\internet\AppData\Roaming\npm\tns -> C:\Users\internet\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\bin\tns
C:\Users\internet\AppData\Roaming\npm\nativescript -> C:\Users\internet\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript\bin\tns

nativescript@3.3.1 postinstall C:\Users\internet\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nativescript
node postinstall.js

Can anyone suggest how to fix?

tns test comes up, but tns doctor just seems to hang with blinking cursor

Thank You,

Wayne

Hey @replevinorder,

Sorry you ran into issues here. These EINTEGRITY errors are usually some sort of problem with your npm and/or permissions, although I personally haven’t seen this one when trying to install NativeScript.

What version of npm are you using?

Hello,

I checked NPM VERSION: 5.5.1

It does appear to install “HelloWorld” appp without errors.

I need to get it all setup and test in emulator.
If it appears to work, I’ll just ignore the tns doctor issue.

My other dev tools are Android Studio, java jdk, grails,maven, gradle… all newly installed.
All my paths are setup correctly as well as far as I know. I’m a noob. :frowning:

No worries, I’ve been doing NativeScript for a few years and I still get confused by npm errors all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone else in the community might be more familiar with that error and chime in with ideas, but as long as you can develop I would just ignore tns doctor for now.