First steps on NS with JS - Help with ViewModel?

Hello everyone, I’m quite new to NS and I’ve been working on an application to learn, but I’m facing some doubts about the view-model structure and maybe someone can help me. I’ll try to explain what I’m trying to do first, should be easy:

What I Want:
1 - Load a JSON to a RadListView using HTTP.getJSON.
2 - Enable Pull to Refresh.
3 - In the future use Group Function.

I was able to do step 1 simply using a main-page.js that is creating the view model object on the navto function as shown here (not full code of course):

function onNavigatingTo(args) {
    const page = args.object;
    const mainViewModel = AgendaViewModel();
    page.bindingContext = mainViewModel;
}

Now, in the AgendaViewModel, I create an ObservableArray and fill the information from the JSON to the UI:

function AgendaViewModel() {
    const agendaVM = new observableModule();
    var agendaList = new observableArray.ObservableArray([]);
    .... here it gets the JSON an do the .set to show it on the UI ...
}

This ALL works fine, the code in not complete here because of space (can upload later to some repo), but my question and concern is:

To implement the PULL TO REFRESH, should I use a {{ refresh }} observable on the XML and create a function to do it inside the View-Model ? Because doing it that way, I cannot stop the refreshing (tried with FindByView, Etc…) and I’m not sure if it’s ok to do it there in the VM anyway …
OR
Should I do the pulltorefresh code inside the main-page ? removing the brackets and creating the function inside the main-page that re-launches the main view-model function to recreate/refresh the data… ?

ALSO, the same applies to the Grouping, where is supposed to be done ? Main-Page or View-Model ?

Sorry it’s long, kinda of lost here understanding the right way to do it.

You can place the refresh code in either Observable (ViewModel) or Code behind file (Controller), that’s up to your connivence and both work.