Failed with exit code 4294963248

Attempting to get NativeScript to work properly on Windows 10 I uninstalled Node entirely and reinstalled it and reinstalled NativeScript, ran

tns create HelloWorld --template nativescript-template-tutorial

Command npm.cmd install nativescript-template-tutorial@3.1.0 --silent --save-exact --save failed with exit code 4294963248 was the error output

Ran it again with --log trace and here is the output from when it errors

Installing  nativescript-template-tutorial
spawn: npm.cmd "install" "nativescript-template-tutorial@3.1.0" "--silent" "--save-exact" "--save"
Error: Command npm.cmd install nativescript-template-tutorial@3.1.0 --silent --save-exact --save failed with exit code 4294963248
    at ChildProcess.childProcess.on (C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\nvm\v8.5.0\node_modules\nativescript\lib\node-package-manager.js:235:36)
    at emitTwo (events.js:125:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:213:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:927:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)
Error: Command npm.cmd install nativescript-template-tutorial@3.1.0 --silent --save-exact --save failed with exit code 4294963248
    at ChildProcess.childProcess.on (C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\nvm\v8.5.0\node_modules\nativescript\lib\node-package-manager.js:235:36)
    at emitTwo (events.js:125:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:213:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:927:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)

Here is my Node setup and NativeScript version

Node: 8.5.0
npm: 5.3.0
NativeScript: 3.2.1

Running tns doctor tells me “No issues were detected”

Would be excellent to figure out how to solve this so I don’t have to resort to a VirtualBox

That’s a heck of an exit code :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry you haven’t heard back yet. I’ll bump this issue back to the top with this comment. Personally I’m not having this problem on my Mac, but I’m also running Node 6.9.x. You might want to try temporarily downgrading or using something like nvm to see if that resolves your problem.