I work with a group of Freelancers and we currently have a very big customer who would like to create a mobile version of their application. We’re evaluating different options, including:
- Angular with Nativescript
- Angular with the React Native Renderer
- React with React Native
We usually develop native applications using React Native, but this particular customer prefers Angular and we already developed a web application using Angular + Apollo GraphQL for them, so it makes sense to keep using Angular on the mobile as well.
I already did some early tests trying to integrate Apollo with Nativescript, but so far it wasn’t a smooth experience:
- gql tagged template literals don’t work: https://github.com/NativeScript/nativescript-angular/issues/1284
- Apollo GraphQL Subscriptions dont’ work: https://github.com/NativeScript/nativescript-angular/issues/1285
- Fragments don’t work as well: NativeScript/nativescript-angular/issues/1285#issuecomment-382028347
We didn’t get any of the previous mentioned issues with React Native, so I’m wondering if someone ever used GraphQL in a serious project with Nativescript.
We’re thinking about moving to React or resurrecting the React Native Renderer, but the maintenance burden doesn’t delight us.
I would like to know if someone had success with Nativescript + Apollo GraphQL and has some hints to share with us. It would be also very cool to get some help from the upstream in order to get everything working with Apollo GraphQL.