Error to release an app using webpack - Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

Similar to an error I faced when I tried to release the app using tns (more details here .keystore error to release an android app - Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect), when I try to release my app through webpack (to decreases its size) with the command:

npm run build-android-bundle -- --release --key-store-path /myprojectdir/cert/android/cfenix-key.keystore --key-store-password 'mypa$$word' --key-store-alias cfenix-key --key-store-alias-password 'mypa$$word' --copy-to /myprojectdir/app_1-0-1.apk

But in some moment the npm run build-android-bundle changes my password removing the special character $ and of course the password doesn’t match with the original keystore’s password.

mypa$$word (the original one) is different than mypaword (changed by npm run)

I tried scape the character using \ and / without success.

Does anybody knows what I can do?

@3rror404, maybe you have experienced something like that before…

Thanks

Hi @leandrobortolotto,

Sorry I’ve never used webpack nor have I had to access the keychain through npm so I can’t help I’m afraid.

I hope you get it sorted.

I “solved” this problem using a trick. I changed my .keystore and certificate entry password for a new one without special characters.

If you already have published your app in the Google Play store, you’ll have to exclude / disable the old one and create a new ID. In other words, it’s like creating a completely new app.