Create a smart installation for TNS

Hello tns’ team,

i’am polling for a smarter installation for tns. Could you do that ?
You want be the “one” so please realize an installation easy and complet in one time…
Perhaps it’s difficult. Yes, if a developer spends two days to install with a lot of bug, i think that he gets back to Ionic system?!
For me, after one week, i couldn’t run Android emulator and i have Android Studio. Your install send ugly route to my system so i use only ios .
Thanks for the "reflexion"
Cordially

We are sorry that you are experiencing troubles setting up the amazing NativeScript!

Unfortunately, the steps to running an application on Android are pretty much the same as the ones you would follow when developing natively for Android. With exception to the npm workflow, the rest is the same.

We are constantly working on improving and streamlining the setup experience, but that is still a bit hard to pull off without requiring some manual work on the user’s side, all thanks to the different OS disparities no less. As a matter of fact, we do have a Windows installer, but that broke recently because of changes to the Android SDK, again :-/.

Please let us know if we can help you start writing cross-platform apps using NativeScript!

Thanks for reply Pete K.

Tns is certainly a better solution than Ionic.

You know for Android installation i have always this message :slight_smile:

bash: /usr/local/opt/android-sdk/tools/bin/sdkmanager: No such file or directory
WARNING: There seem to be some problems with the Android configuration
sudo: /usr/local/opt/android-sdk/extras/intel/Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager/silent_install.sh: command not found
bash: /usr/local/opt/android-sdk/tools/bin/sdkmanager: No such file or directory
The ANDROID_HOME and JAVA_HOME environment variables have been added to your .bash_profile/.zprofile
Restart the terminal or run `source ~/.bash_profile` to use them.
Your components are up-to-date.

In my .zprofile with your installation :

export ANDROID_HOME=/usr/local/opt/android-sdk
export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home

But yes in this folder i haven’t alias of android-sdk
My folder Android is here with all files :
export ANDROID_HOME=/Users/laurentvignaux/Library/Android/sdk/

and my java :slight_smile:
export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)

Perhaps i understand nothing but today nothing run…

Cordially for advice

Feel free to change the paths to point correctly to your local installation of the Android SDK, I am not sure how your exported path came to be the /usr/local/opt/android-sdk

thanks a lot Peter
Cordially