Conflicting error messages by NS: Xcodeproj is not installed or is not configured properly, yet it is

Hi all,

What i am trying to do is to use the Visual Studio Code NativeScript extension to debug a NS app in iOS simulator. However it’s saying i don’t have xcodeproj installed or configured properly, even though tns doctor says i do. Even the printout is saying, hey you don’t have coco, but then on the next line it says i do…check it out:

1. running from VSC using Launch on iOS (Debug):

[NativeScriptCli] execute: tns --analyticsClient VSCode --version
[NSDebugAdapter] Using tns CLI v4.1.0 on path ‘tns’
[NSDebugAdapter] Running tns command…
[NativeScriptCli] execute: tns --analyticsClient VSCode debug ios --no-client --watch
[NSDebugAdapter] Watching the tns CLI output to receive a connection token
Xcode is installed and is configured properly.
WARNING: WARNING: xcodeproj is not installed or is not configured properly.
You will not be able to build your projects for iOS.
To be able to build for iOS and run apps in the native emulator, verify that you have installed xcodeproj.
WARNING: WARNING: CocoaPods is not installed or is not configured properly.
You will not be able to build your projects for iOS if they contain plugin with CocoaPod file.
Your current CocoaPods version is newer than 1.0.0.
Python installed and configured correctly.
The Python ‘six’ package is found.
Your environment is not configured properly and you will not be able to execute local builds. To continue, choose one of the following options:
Run tns setup command to run the setup script to try to automatically configure your environment for local builds. In order to test your application use the tns login command to log in with your account and then $ tns cloud build command to build your app in the cloud.
Verify that your environment is configured according to the system requirements described at http://docs.nativescript.org/setup/ns-cli-setup/ns-setup-os-x.html#system-requirements.
[NSDebugAdapter] The tns command finished its execution with code 127.

1. tns doctor:

No issues were detected.
:heavy_check_mark: Your ANDROID_HOME environment variable is set and points to correct directory.
:heavy_check_mark: Your adb from the Android SDK is correctly installed.
:heavy_check_mark: The Android SDK is installed.
:heavy_check_mark: A compatible Android SDK for compilation is found.
:heavy_check_mark: Javac is installed and is configured properly.
:heavy_check_mark: The Java Development Kit (JDK) is installed and is configured properly.
:heavy_check_mark: Xcode is installed and is configured properly.
:heavy_check_mark: xcodeproj is installed and is configured properly.
:heavy_check_mark: CocoaPods are installed.
:heavy_check_mark: CocoaPods update is not required.
:heavy_check_mark: CocoaPods are configured properly.
:heavy_check_mark: Your current CocoaPods version is newer than 1.0.0.
:heavy_check_mark: Python installed and configured correctly.
:heavy_check_mark: The Python ‘six’ package is found.
:heavy_check_mark: Getting NativeScript components versions information…
:heavy_check_mark: Component nativescript has 4.1.0 version and is up to date.
:heavy_check_mark: Component tns-core-modules has 4.1.0 version and is up to date.
:heavy_check_mark: Component tns-android has 4.1.3 version and is up to date.
:heavy_check_mark: Component tns-ios has 4.1.0 version and is up to date.

Any hints or thoughts much appreciated. I’ve been searching for a solution online for a few hours now. Tried various things. I’m getting the same behaviour in the terminal as well, unless i run the following command first: gem install cocoapods. I think it has to do with how my ruby is setup and the gems or something like that. Perhaps there is a “terminal” ruby setup that I use manually, but Visual Studio Code uses some other ruby and is not seeing the pods? So lost…please help!

Fixed it by fixing my ruby path in the $PATH. The warning was clear as day, but i ignored it…