Binding Tap event to RadDataForm controls

My design requirements are to have a link label inside RadDataForm, clicking upon link will navigate to another screen. Can I bind a Tap event to Label control of RadDataForm or any work around?

I don’t think you can bind tap or any events, but a work around could be setting up a custom editor.

Binding Tap event to Label in RadDataForm
RadDataForm put tap event to label of a field

Hi @manojdcoder,

Wonderful workaround!

I have a further question. When the RadDataForm source such as ‘person’ is not configured immediately, this example will not work.

For example, i add some delay to simulate the http request process, then the ‘email’ label fails to show.

setTimeout(()=>{
            this.person = {
                "name": "John",
                "age": 23,
                "email": "john@company.com",
                "city": "New York",
                "street": "5th Avenue",
                "streetNumber": 11
            };
        },5000)

I try to invoke dataForm.reload() after the person data is set, but it still doesn’t work.

Anyone can help to fix this issue?

At least try to set person to empty object initially, let me know if that works.

Hi @manojdcoder

Thanks for you reply.

I tried:

First, set person to ‘{}’ or ‘null’, neither can work.

Then, set person to a valid value, then update it after some delay, the label can show the initial value, but can’t be updated.

Hi @manojdcoder
I found a strange error. When i modify the value of source in ngAfterViewInit(). The DataForm display twice!
Here is the code,

BTW, this issue only occur on IOS.

Try calling .reload() once your form is loaded (native views are created) and while updating your data source (person).

Thanks @manojdcoder.
reload() can clear the displaying twice issue.
Next, I need to find a way to solve the update problem.