AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'

When I tried to create an apk I am getting this error. I am guessing it has to do with recent apk updates or something.

Any ideas?

C:\ns\myapp\platforms\android\build\intermediates\res\merged\F0F1F2F3F4F5F6F7F8\debug\values-v24\values-v24.xml:3: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name ‘android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored’.

C:\ns\myapp\platforms\android\build\intermediates\res\merged\F0F1F2F3F4F5F6F7F8\debug\values-v24\values-v24.xml:4: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name ‘android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored’.

:processF0F1F2F3F4F5F6F7F8DebugResources FAILED

Update: I removed the android platform, deleted node_modules, added the platform back, and tns run android runs the app fine in the emulator, it is just the APK creation that is failing.

Thanks,

Randy

What is the command you are using to create apk?

Thanks for your response. I don’t recall now why this was happening or even how I got around it. it is no longer an issue.

@randy
Oh. Glad that you could fix it :slight_smile: